Want To Be A Better Athlete? Try Chiropractic!
Chiropractic care has been around for thousands of years, but it took until 1980 for the first chiropractor to be added to the United States Olympic medical team. Since then, athletes have recognized the importance of spinal adjustments as part of their fitness plans. It's not just for the professionals; athletes of all fitness levels can benefit from the long-term benefits of chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care for Performance Enhancement
Experts estimate that 90 percent of all world-class athletes use chiropractic to prevent injuries and increase performance potential. Here's how regular chiropractic adjustments can improve athletic performance:
- Strength: Chiropractic adjustments help your body to heal, which means reduced pain and faster recovery. Because chiropractic can help with more efficient training, it provides athletes with the a better opportunity to build strength and endurance.
- Coordination: Hand-eye coordination is a must for many sports, particularly those that require catching, throwing, or hitting a ball. Palmer College of Chiropractic conducted a study on the impacts of chiropractic care on athletic performance and found a 30 percent improvement in hand-eye coordination after 12 weeks of chiropractic treatment.
- Balance: Both of the field and off, athletes must be able to respond and move quickly without losing their footing in order to avoid injury. Chiropractic promotes balance and optimal functionality in the musculoskeletal system, making it easier for athletes to maintain their balance.
- Flexibility: Flexibility is determined by muscle length. Injuries, overuse, and postural imbalance can all negatively effect flexibility, but regular chiropractic adjustments can help athletes overcome those issues.
- Range of Motion: An athlete's range of motion is measured by how well a joint moves. Though flexibility is an important part of range of motion, the health of the joint and surrounding tissues also matter. When injury, pain, or structural imbalances limit an athlete's range of motion, their performance is negatively effected. Chiropractic care can correct those imbalances and misalignments, helping athletes maintain an optimal range of motion.
If you think chiropractic care will help improve your athletic performance and overall health, contact us to learn more and schedule a consultation.