5 Tips to Correct Your Posture
Posture is difficult to correct because the muscles that create your posture can’t be contracted consciously. But, what you can do is change your habits a bit to force the muscles that control your posture, and through time, these muscles can help to improve your posture.
- Text and Read Lying Down. This will prevent the typical forward neck bend and rounded shoulders that leads to neck, shoulder, and back pain.
- Only Sleep with One Pillow. Your head and neck should be lined up with the rest of your spine which is difficult to achieve with more than one pillow.
- Ladies, Reconsider the Purse You're Using: Cross strap purses are the best, but if you have a hand purse or shoulder purse, alternate hands/shoulders to prevent the body from side leaning.
- Guys, Reconsider the Wallet You're Carrying: Never sit on your wallet in your back pocket, and reduce the size as much as possible to avoid lower back pain.
- Eat at a table. When you eat standing up with plate in hand or at a coffee table, there is a greater tendency to extend your neck out and head towards your plate to reach for your food which contributes to forward head lean and trapezius strain.
Posture is extremely important to your overall health, and these tips, in addition to regular chiropractic adjustments will help to improve your posture.